Often children are asked the question… What do you want to be when you grow up?
We all, no matter our age, do well to reflect on that question. Having goals are critical to becoming the person we want to be:
- What kind of person do I want to be?
- How do I want people to remember me?
- How do I want my children to remember me as a father?
- How do I want my wife to view me as a husband?
- What qualities of mine do my co-workers recall?
- What impact can I have on my community?
- What can I do to positively impact the life of those around me?
This post by Seth Godin makes the point that everything we do, every day, every minute, every second… Every decision… Is an investment in our future and who we want to become. Who do you really want to be?
If you keep that in mind with every decision you make you will be who you really want to be!